Thursday, January 2, 2014

Dresden Star Quilt for my Mom

Last winter I began the process of piecing this quilt for my Mom. I've talked about it here, here and here.   She is a Civil War history buff so I wanted to use fabric reminiscent of that time period.  I had taken a Dresden Star (Edyta Sitar's pattern) class I at my favorite quilt shop, Fabric and Friends, and knew that I wanted to use that block in her quilt.  I had a Moda scrap bag with  Sandhill Plum fabric line from Kansas Troubles Quilters and began piecing in January I finally finished piecing in August and took the quilt in to be long arm quilted in September.  I recently got it back from Heaven on Earth Shop, where the owner Cheryl Ross, has not only a wonderful fabric and long arm shop but also runs a greenhouse!  (She's living my dream!)  Cheryl worked some serious magic on this quilt! Thanks Cheryl!   I'm so excited to give it to my Mom! 










Thanks to all who made this quilt possible!  I am super proud of it can't wait to see Mom's face!

Skip To My Lou

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty an talented.

susie said...

That is one beautiful quilt!
susie